Sunday 29 September 2013

23kg, that's 288 pairs of socks, or 1/32 of a cow

You know the weight limit checked luggage has? 23kg per piece. 23 kilograms. How much of my life would fit in a 23kg piece of luggage?

I bought a big ass bag.

Seriously. I fit in it.


Lions in Japan - Iris inside her big ass bag


I tried sleeping in it, but it isn't as comfortable as it is big.

If I with my 65 kilos fit in my bag, then how much will it weigh once I've filled it to the brim? Will it weigh 65kg? That's quite a pricy overweight luggage fine. I should only fill it with lightweight stuff, like socks. Let's keep the shampoo and rock collection aside for now.
So I started packing.

.Lions in Japan - packing the bag luggage
Shoes! Socks! Tops!


After I had filled my case with socks (and a few towels), I tried to lift it.
OH DEAR SO HEAVY
This was 80 kilos at least!

So I acquired a scale to check its weight.

10,1 KG

Even read backwards, it's still below the weight limit.

Oh, okay. It were just my arms being weak. Quite a surprise, as I'm able to do as much as six push-ups! For real, check it out:


So... This bag bursting out of its zippers...
Wait, 10,1 KG? Not even half of the limit? This thing was filled to the brim! Or to the zipper, if that's the expressions for luggage.

I was flabbergasted. People, what's this fuss about weight limit panic? It's not like I am taking too little with me – I got four pairs of shoes, and five pants!

I looked for more possessions to stuff in my bag. The unnecessary but not completely useless kind of things, you know. And the heavier the better.

Rocks generally do.
"This rock would make a great paperweight."
 
 I ended up packing stacks of printing paper, to not let the unused kilos go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment