Sunday 20 October 2013

The First Batch Of PICTURES: Scenery of Tottori within Walking Distance


Finally! The pictures have arrived! I kept postponing this to “tomorrow”, and then decided that today is tomorrow. :P


So this post as well as the next few posts will focus on pictures. Today I'll show where I live! If you want to see specific pictures in a following blog post, just ask me!


Let's start with the most important picture:



A lot of people didn't believe this was really my university' mascot. I'm hoping this proves it.
In Belgium, all school/university logos are like this:


No wonder no one believed me.

Many were also curious why I chose Tottori University. It's a small university, not well known in Europe. There were two main reasons: 1. I could freely take on courses 2. The environment had beautiful, rich nature. The mascot might have also played a role in deciding, but let's go with these two.
Taking on courses: check. I enrolled in a few courses.The Japanese level is still too high for me. I think one of the lectures is about plants. Let's hope I figure out the rest too.
Rich nature: mountains! I love mountains! That's the first thing I noticed upon arrival - mountains everywhere! Covered in green, thick forest, seemingly floating above the clouds...

So let's show off some mountains! Click on a picture to enlarge it.







Pretty much mountains all around. Except for the beach part. The mountains slowly fade into hills, and then there's suddenly the Japanese sea!




 

 






Next, a few random trees and shrine scenery. I love nature. The first time visiting a shrine, I didn't bring my camera. However, yesterday I went to the forest! With my camera! That's material for a different post.


Took this one whilst riding my bike. :P
 








To end with, here I am with my classmates ^_^


 
So in today's post I only covered scenery within walking distance from my house. A few were shot by Marcos (link leads his Portugese blog).
Note: all pictures are unedited.




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! It seems like you're having a great time :) The scenery is just breathtaking, can I please come visit? ;)

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can. I'll pick you up at the airport, dressed like the university mascot. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hubert Cumberdale22 October 2013 at 01:03

    B-e-a-utiful! I really like that construction on the beach.
    (But it needs more cowbell.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they got similar "breakwaters" in Europe :)

      Delete